Stefan Kuntz: "Would not exclude a task in a club" - KICKE

Mr. Kuntz, you have just become a coach for the second time after 2017 U-21 European Champion, were the European Champion, German Master, Cup winner and Goal Scorer. How sustainable do the many congratulations, the recognition, the shoulder knockers are according to such?

It helps me especially the experience from my time as a player, sports director or executive board in Kaiserslautern. After the rise in 2010 and right now Seven in the Bundesliga 2011 there were a lot of congratulations - some time later this has changed again. But there are feedback and acknowledging messages that mean me a lot and enjoy it very much. I can successfully classify success in football and reactions.

When they involved the DFB 2016 after twelve years of break from the coaching job, they suggested great skepticism. Now you will be showered with praise. Why are you a better coach than at that time at your moderately successful four clubs in Neunkirchen, at KSC, At Waldhof Mannheim and Lr?

Much is a lot of my own development. In my then the following jobs as a manager and board deficit I had to lead many other people. This also belongs as a coach with a view of the team and the function team. In this area, I also developed myself as a non-coach and I am also matured as a personality in these twelve years. Then I had an unlikely high knowledge of knowledge and ambition to work in the coaching matter again. My property as an absolute competition type is added, that also drives me to perfect my tasks perfectly.

I'm much safer in the occurrence when I was around the millennium or in the first time at the DFB.

Stefan Kuntz

From players, employees and observers is repeatedly highlighted their empathetic way.

Nice that the other say. Handling people have always succeeded. That's not enough to be a good coach. I was able to combine my properties as a coach over the five years with a great technical knowledge increase through the exchange with high-competent trainer colleagues at the DFB, many further education at the DFB Academy and, above all, through the work and experience with the team. That's why I'm in the role as a coach, I'm much safer in appearance than I was around the millennium or in the first time at the DFB.

After Jogi Löw announced his resignation as a national coach in March, after the Empending Empire, they were also acted as a potential successor. Now it has become Hansi Flick. How do you find this choice?

I really find this decision completely right from full heart. If one takes the objective facts, his past at the DFB, the fertile cooperation with the Bavarian players, which form a big block in the national team, plus international success - then the Hansi is the optimal solution.

You also have such a high opinion of Flick, because he was, the 2016 as then DFB sports director at all came to the idea of ​​fetching them from the "Trainer Sink" and install as a U-21 chef coach ?

Absolutely. I am very grateful to him for trust, which he has given me to me and that he put me a great coaching team to the side. Hansi and his team started at that time three coach types, an ex-pro, a vintage gallery and an innovation expert, together to put together in a bar. This opens up this opportunity to tackle this task with Toni di Salvo and Daniel Niedzkowski. In retrospect, you have to say, it was a very good decision.

I really find this decision completely right from full heart.

Stefan Kuntz about Hansi Flick appointment to the national coach

How did you know flick before, only as an opponent from the Bundesliga?

From these encounters we knew each other, have appreciated each other and then also had to do with each other in the context of exchanges on young talent centers, in the years when I was responsible for the FCK. Then it came to a key moment as often in life.

Do tell.

In 2016, we were invited to the 20th anniversary of our EM title from 1996 to the EM to France. Hansi was as DFB sports director. In the evening we sat at the bar and talked about youth football. Because I was up to my farewell in April 2016 at the FCK to expand the junior power center, I wanted to hear from an external expert as to whether my plan was meaningful. At some point Hansi mentioned in the secondary clause, we are still looking for a successor for the Horst Hrubesch at the U 21. So we went apart the evening.

What happened then?

The next day I was jogging and thought sometime, moment, looking for a successor to the Horst, that would be the ideal job for you. So I called Hansi and meant that after our conversation yesterday an idea came to me. Hansi said the same (grinning). I had to do my way to Frankfurt immediately, as the Olympic team bounced back to Brazil. We then discussed having the idea a bit of sash. In Brazil, Hansi has disconnected internally with catering board members who have given positive feedback. With the conclusion of the Olympic tournament, we have then agreed the cooperation.

Even if you hold Hansi Flick for the optimal solution as national coach, you were finally a little displeasure that the conversation agreed by Oliver Bierhoff did not take place with you during successor searches.

Exactly, but these are two different things for me. Oliver has publicly said that he will talk to me and certainly in relation to Marcus Sass and me explains that the DFB also has good people internally. That then with me the expectation arises that one exchanges at least over the matter, it is clear. Completely independent of other candidates or the fact that there would be a comprehensible tendency to Hansi as soon as he comes to the market. The conversation did not take place, but now I could say Oliver Bierhoff to the process personally my opinion and thus the topic is done for me.

Have you still hope for the national coach job in the long term, or see how many outsiders themselves as the ideal cast for the interface U 21?

Due to the long-term contract with Hansi the topic is done first. I can well imagine remaining U-21 coach because it's great fun. I could imagine other things in my remaining working life.

Joti Chatziallexiou, sporty director national team at DFB, said in the DFB, he does not give herself illusions, a successful trainer like you wake of course desires, offerings could do so. Is there those already?

Yes, but so far no offer was there, which brought me seriously to think.

Chatziallexiou emphasized at the same time, he hopes that they would appreciate their job at the DFB. At the end of July, the next highlight on the Olympic football tournament. Will you be the coach in Japan?

Yes, my current planning looks like.

What was from the U-21 scorer

This then excludes a coach Job for the coming season in one club, right?

Yes, that would be difficult, because one week after the Olympia final, for example, the Bundesliga season starts.

As a national coach one has a few phases in the year, in which one works with the team on the square, otherwise observed, prepares, prescribed, keeps up, keeps contact with the players, but has more freedoms, especially during the week . Do you even irritate a commitment as head coach in a club where you have to work every day?

A national coach job has made its advantages from the flexibility. But that would not exclude that I would once again tackle a task in a club with daily challenges - if all framework conditions fit.

What significance has an active participation in the Olympics?

A high, even if these Olympic games will be different by the Corona influence than you know so far. In terms of personality development, there will be a very important experience for our players because they get to know other athletes, which are rarely in the public focus and are not so privileged, but with great dedication and passion to operate their sports.

Have you seen the final of Horst Hrubesch's team in 2016 and will make you talk to him again?

Yes, I also had contact with him during the current U-21-EM. There were already encouraging signals from him that we can build on our U-21 rights defendant Josha Vagnoman from HSV at Olympia. I also considered that we integrate former Olympicones or participants from other sports to tune the guys a bit on the peculiarity of games.

How did other clubs ran the previous talks in terms of Olympic nomination?

About the 50-man squad we informed the clubs so they are in the picture. Maybe even clubs also want one or the other, which is on the list, commit to the new season. I hope that the will to find good compromises is available. Then we have to see how foreign clubs of our players we inquire respond. Even if we expect more counter wind there, we do not want to leave anything unturned.

A central axis would be desirable.

Stefan Kuntz over the Olympic squad

Players like Maximilian Arnold, Jonathan Tah, Max Kruse and Lars Stindl stand after DFB information on the 50s list. Which criteria do you choose the three professionals who may be older than regular vintages in 1997 and younger?

We have to look what positions we can cover with the regular vintages. What looks like the scaffolding and where is the greatest need. A central axis would be desirable. For example, in the storm we need an experienced professional.

They have addressed Vgnoman. Will you try despite the three U-21 em games in June, some actors from your European Champion team also win for Olympia?

Yes, clear because we hardly have a preparation time. If we could take some guys who are already being recorded and have internalized our automatisms, the extremely advantageous.

In September, the new U-21 cycle starts. How do you appreciate upcoming generation, from which some actors were already in the last few months and sometimes were also European champions?

We will not start at zero, as we already know some guys who already had good performances in the U 21. That can be hoped at least. The most important thing will be that you get game practice at a high level in your clubs, just so you can best develop.

Will you meet your contract at the DFB, which will meet until the end of July 2023 and the nearest U-21-EM includes in Georgia and Romania?

Experience shows that the whole prior looking appearance is not always possible in football. The fact that I now immediately further develop as an EM expert at the ARD, me in parallel and then around the Olympic football tournament, I want to deliberately shut down after Olympia, let the soul dangle and worry about me.

Come in question for you?

No, I have too much energy and tap.

Dorsch outlines: notes and single criticism to the U-21-EM final

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – Se revelan los requisitos para PC de The Definitive Edition

Wolfsburger Change Errors: DFB negotiates Münster's objection to the Monta

Operation: Hübner lacks the 1st FC Nuremberg longer